Introducing Southwest Healthcare —
A New Network of Care for Southern California
Temecula Valley Hospital is proud to be a part of the new Southwest Healthcare, a comprehensive network of care with convenient hospital and ambulatory locations here to serve you and your loved ones.
Southwest Healthcare is comprised of five acute care hospitals — Temecula Valley Hospital, Corona Regional Medical Center, Palmdale Regional Medical Center, Southwest Healthcare Rancho Springs Hospital, and Southwest Healthcare Inland Valley Hospital — and several non-hospital access points, including:
- Temecula Valley Day Surgery*, a multi-specialty ambulatory surgical center
- A+ Urgent Care Centers** in Murrieta, Lake Elsinore and Menifee Lakes
- Riverside Medical Clinic**, which provides comprehensive, multi-specialty medical services for individuals, business and industry in the greater Riverside region
*Temecula Valley Day Surgery is majority owned by an affiliate.
**Physician owned independent group, managed by an affiliate.
With more than 7,000 passionate care providers across the region, all dedicated to the highest standards, our shared goal is to provide convenient access to a wide range of healthcare services in a way that benefits you, your family and the entire community.
Learn more about Southwest Healthcare →
About Temecula Valley Hospital
The 140-bed, five-story Temecula Valley Hospital® (TVH) in Temecula, California is defining a new era in healthcare with its advanced technology and patient-focused care. The hospital opened on October 14, 2013 as a center for healing with a soothing environment that has peaceful scenic views, natural light and spacious, comfortable lounges. With more than 350 affiliated physicians, 900 employees, and 170 volunteers, TVH offers the community a comprehensive range of services similar to hospitals in large metropolitan areas.
The hospital offers major specialty services, including open heart surgery and neuroscience services. TVH is also designated as a STEMI Receiving Center and Stroke Ready Hospital by the Riverside County Emergency Medical Services Agency. The Joint Commission has also designated the hospital as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center.
Patients are treated as an integral part of the care team, encouraged to collaborate with doctors and nurses in making decisions that affect their care. Families are invited to participate in the process.
The hospital building itself features innovative design techniques to help enhance patient care. For example, the hospital abandoned the traditional “racetrack” design, in which patient rooms circle a central nursing station, to shorten the distance between the nursing staff and their support areas so they have more time to spend with their patients. The building was also designed for future expansion to help accommodate the area’s continued growth, and the hospital’s 37-acre campus can accommodate additional expansion as community needs grow.
Temecula Valley Hospital is owned and operated by a subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS), a King of Prussia, Pennsylvania-based company that is one of the largest healthcare management companies in the nation.
Unique Features and Amenities
- 100 percent private rooms
- Bedside electronic clinical information system
- Wireless cardiac monitoring for all patient beds
- Emergency services with bedside registration, 24 hours a day, seven days per week
- Three cardiac catheterization labs/interventional suite
- Five high-tech surgical suites
- A hybrid operating room
- A neuro biplane room
- Room service dining on demand
- Outdoor dining
- Meditation areas
- Homelike waiting areas for family and friends
- Décor featuring works by local photographers
Mission, Vision and Values
- Mission — To deliver exceptional and compassionate patient care
- Vision — To transform the healthcare experience
- Values — Compassion, Trust, Courage, Innovation
- Darlene Wetton, Chief Executive Officer
- Bryan Visser, Chief Operating Officer
- Ron Bennett, Chief Financial Officer
- Angie Camacho, Chief Nursing Officer
- Sarah Young, Assistant Chief Nursing Officer
- Jake Isenhour, Assistant Administrator
- Lori Hamilton, Director of Human Resources
- Michelle Liberino, Business Development and Strategy
Board of Governors
- Timothy Killeen, MD (Board Chair)
- Dennis Frank
- Jerry Konchar
- Jerry Hizon, MD
- Karen La Pointe
- Kim Gerrish
- John Locke, MD
- Joe Kuebler
- Don Hitzeman
- Timothy Killeen, MD
- Robert Pace, MD
- Dr. Roger Schultz